Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spring Rolls

I made Spring Rolls for the second time tonight, and I still can't seem to get them wrapped tightly enough. I think its my filling - this time I used shrimp, cucumber, red pepper, scallions, cilantro and angel hair pasta, with a tiny smear of oyster sauce to make it stick. I don't want to load them with cabbage or coleslaw mix like many recipes call for, since I don't like cabbage or carrots. They taste great - the flavor combination seems to work really well with a tiny bit of Hoisin sauce for dipping, they're just hard to grab since everything moves around inside and tries to squeeze out. I've cut everything very very thin (using a mandolin with julienne attachment), so I don't think its a chunk issue. I'm afraid I'll rip the rice paper if I pull it too hard when wrapping. I guess I'll just have to keep trying (more's the pity). Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. spring rolls...mmmm, I think it just takes practice...I made them at a class a while back and you just have to trial and error how much you can pull on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I can't help you. I'm very good at eating spring rolls (yum!) but I've never tried making them myself x x

    ReplyDelete

Pope of Chili Town   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP